Saturday, December 31, 2005
Friday, December 30, 2005
Explosives Cargo Missing
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Ship Captain Held Over Shanghaiing
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Sailor Rescued From Sinking Boat
7 Navy Men Deserted From Danyawadi Naval Base In Arakan
Sunday, December 25, 2005
Stowaways Rescued From Death On Container Ship
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Navy Chaplain On Hunger Strike
Seaman Smitten With Schoolgirl Set To Abandon Ship
Friday, December 23, 2005
Kenyan Sailor Killed As Ship Sinks Off Tanzania
Cargo Ship Sinks Off China
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Australia Rejects Call To Rrefuse Docking Rights To Japanese Ship
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Germany Releases Hijacker Who Killed Sailor In 1985
Ice Dams Cause Headaches
Ship Burned In The Danube
Shipwrecked Pair Survive 11 Days On Diet Of Willpower And Urine
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Russia Voices Concerns Over North Korean Border Guards' Position
Monday, December 19, 2005
New Super Ferries For Color Line
Search On For Man Missing From Shannon Cruise Boat
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Ship Spills Logs Into Sea Of Japan
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Towboat Hits Shrimp Boat
Friday, December 16, 2005
USS San Antonio Ready To Become Part Of Fleet
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Ship Distressed In Sea Of Japan Has 4,000 Tns Of Cargo
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Congress Eyes Cruise Ship Dangers
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Deadly Wave Kills Sailor
Monday, December 12, 2005
Frozen Body Found At Lake Michigan Shore Is That Of A Amateur Sailor
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Hijacked Ship Docks In Kenya
Navy's Last 2 Battleships May Become Museums
Saturday, December 10, 2005
The Science Of Sea Monsters
Friday, December 09, 2005
What They Did With The Drunken Sailor
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Russian Ship Detained Off North Korea
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Anniversary Of Pearl Harbor Attack, 64 Years Ago
Pearl Harbor Sailor Recalls "A Date Which Wll Live In Infamy"
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
K-Bay Shore Sailor Of The Year
President Arroyo Appoints New Philippine Navy Commander
Monday, December 05, 2005
U.S. Navy To Expand Fleet With New Enemies In Mind
Sunken Ship Leaking Fuel Off Italian Coast
Sunday, December 04, 2005
90 North Korean Ships Granted Entry To Japan
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Navy Sinks Army 42 To 23
Navy improves to 7-and-4 while Army, which entered the game in Philadelphia riding a four-game win streak, dips to 4-and-7. The Midshipmen have won four straight and six of the last seven games against the Black Knights to take a one-game lead in the overall series at 50-49-and-7. Navy also captured the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy outright for the third straight year and that's a first in school history. The coveted trophy is awarded annually to the winner of the football competition between the three major service academies. It was on the line for both teams for the first time in nine years after both posted wins over Air Force.
Friday, December 02, 2005
Army & Navy Continue Rivalry
This Saturday's Army-Navy game in Philadelphia is being billed by the host city as the "First to 50." Both teams have won 49 games during their 105 previous meetings. Seven games ended in ties. Forty-eight have been decided by a touchdown or less. Some observers say the rivalry is so even because the schools recruit the same types of players -- usually from the same pool. The series began in 1890 when a group of midshipmen issued a challenge to a group of cadets. Navy won the first game, 24-to-0, but Army retaliated the next year with a 32-to-16 victory.
As of 2004 game:
Winners of the The Commander In Chief's Trophy
The trophy has been awarded to Air Force 16 times, Navy 7 times, and Army 6 times. The competition has ended in a tie 4 times. The President of the United States has personally awarded the trophy on numerous occasions.
- The 2005 season winner will be determined in the Army-Navy Game on December 3, as both Army and Navy each defeated Air Force this season, each by a score of 27-24.
- The 2004 season winner was Navy, having beat Army 34-6 and Air Force 24-21 .
- The 2003 season winner was Navy, having beat Air Force 24-21 and Army 42-13.
- The 2002 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 48-7 and Army 49-30.
- The 2001 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 24-18 and Army 34-24.
- The 2000 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 27-13 and Army 41-27
- The 1999 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 19-14 and Army 28-0
- The 1998 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 49-7 and Army 35-7.
- The 1997 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 10-7 and Army 24-0
- The 1996 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 23-7 and Navy 28-24.
- The 1995 season winner was Air Force, having beat Navy 30-20 and Army 38-20.
- The 1994 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1993 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1992 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1991 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1990 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1989 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1988 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 28-15 and Navy 20-15.
- The 1987 trophy was a shared award.
- The 1986 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 21-11 and Navy 27-7.
- The 1985 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1984 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 24-12 and Navy 28-11.
- The 1983 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1982 season winner was Air Force.
- The 1981 season winner was Navy.
- The 1980 trophy was a shared award.
- The 1979 season winner was Navy.
- The 1978 season winner was Navy.
- The 1977 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 31-6 and Navy 17-14.
- The 1976 trophy was a shared award.
- The 1975 season winner was Navy.
- The 1974 trophy was a shared award.
- The 1973 season winner was Navy.
- The 1972 season winner was Army, having beat Air Force 17-14 and Navy 23-15.
Air Force won 13 of the 14 seasons between 1989 and 2002. Navy won (or held after a tie) 8 of the 9 seasons between 1973 and 1981.