U.S. Military Recruiting Statistics
* Army National Guard: Recruited 5,823 out of a goal of 5,743 (101 percent)
* Army Reserves: Recruited 5,640 out of a goal of 4,661 (121 percent)
* Navy Reserves: Recruited 970 of of a goal of 1,021 (95 percent)
* Marine Corps Reserves: Recruited 1,315 out of a goal of 1,281 (103 percent)
* Air National Guard: Recruited 880 out of a goal of 742 (119 percent)
* Air Force Reserves: Recruited 607 out of a goal of 605 (100 percent)
Reserve forces retention. For June, Army National Guard retention was 122 percent of the cumulative goal of 25,239, and Air National Guard retention was 108 percent of its cumulative goal of 7,121. Both the Army and Air Guard are currently at 96 and 99 percent of their end strength, respectively. Losses in all reserve components for May are well within acceptable limits. Indications are that trend will continue into June.